Sustainable Building Experience
- Alliant Energy | Sheboygan, WI | Gold
- Austin Straubel International Airport ARFF | Green Bay, WI | Silver
- Department of Veterans Affairs C.B.O.C. | 9 U.S. Locations | Silver or LEED equivalent
- Global Water Center | Milwaukee, WI | Silver
- Gundersen Lutheran Hospital Parking | La Crosse, WI | Silver
- J.F. Ahern Company, Office Headquarters Renovation | Gold
- UW-La Crosse Centennial Hall | La Crosse, WI | Gold
- Viterbo University School of Nursing | La Crosse, WI | Silver
The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System™ is the nationally accepted benchmark for the design, construction and operation of high performance green buildings. LEED gives building owners and operators the tools they need to have an immediate and measurable impact on their buildings’ performance. LEED promotes a whole-building approach to sustainability by recognizing performance in five key areas of human and environmental health: sustainable site development, water savings, energy efficiency, materials selection and indoor environmental quality.
C.D. Smith Construction is a U.S. Green Building Council (USBC) member and has LEED Accredited Project Managers to assist throughout the entire certification process. We expertly assist Owners in the Pre-Construction phases, exploring all sustainable alternatives to determine the cost, feasibility and life cycle impact of each LEED credit option. The Owner makes the final decision on which options are best for them.
The facilities on the left have been LEED Certified by USBC, however, C.D. Smith has worked with several clients who are currently seeking LEED certification for their facilities, are considered LEED equivalent, and/or have LEED sustainable features incorporated into their design and construction. In the event that some projects are LEED equivalent, some owners have elected not to pursue certification.