St. Peter's Lutheran
Church and School
C.D. Smith provided construction services for St. Peter’s Lutheran Church and School.
The complex includes a Lutheran school serving pre-kindergarten through eighth grade, a library and gymnasium, music and piano rooms, a cafeteria, meeting rooms, a large narthex and an expanse of land that may one day become athletic ﬁelds and a future church pavilion.
The 650-seat church incorporates elements from St. Peter’s former location which served the congregation since 1869 incorporating their beautiful stained glass windows that now harmoniously blend with the new expansive wooden beams which support the vaulted ceiling.
Numerous value engineering initiatives were implemented to ensure a building that is both dramatic and practical. Utilizing a mix of Single Shape, Five Shape and Split Space Stones for the exterior provides a balance of architectural appeal and cost control. Vinyl composite tile is utilized in many areas based on anticipated wear and trafﬁc, again providing a better value.
- 650-seat church
- Lutheran school
- Music and piano rooms
- Meeting rooms
- Large narthex