C.D. Smith employs many technologies to keep you updated with the progress happening on your building. We keep you connected remotely from wherever you are located.
DRONE CAPTURE TOUR | TIMESTAMPED PROJECT CHAPTER VIDEO above:
00:00 The Ascent Project | Milwaukee, WI
00:43 Fastenal Office Building | Winona, MN
02:07 Rite-Hite Global Headquarters | Milwaukee, WI
02:51 C.D. Smith Office | La Crosse, WI
Drone-captured aerial photos and video offer flexible and customizable perspectives and insights that stationary cameras simply cannot capture. We help you show off the breathtaking scenic views and neighborhood context that future tenants will admire, as well as the interior finishes progress. C.D. Smith can collaborate with your marketing personnel for video post-production and branding needs. Many of our clients like to receive progress updates in this format for:
• Board of directors updates
• Marketing/Promotional videos
• Public awareness
• Tenant sales
Many clients like to stay connected to their building projects via live-streaming cameras. This cuts down on trips to the site by all stakeholders and helps better plan when to make visits at critical times. It also offers transparency, accountability, and can assist in public relations. These cameras can often zoom, pan and tilt for an owner logging into them, to peer into the site in great detail. At the end of the project, owners and their marketing teams love the timelapse videos of the building construction sped up.
While construction cameras record the progress happening on a building’s exterior (structure and enclosure), once a building is enclosed and work starts to commence on the interior space, another method to see progress internally is needed. That is where 360-degree photo captures or site walks come in.
A few of the benefits of 360 progress photos are:
• Location-based progress updates – A team member on site can walk the site and have the path automatically tether to the floorplan, so you can click anywhere along the path and see the project’s progress in 360 degrees. Looking at the floorplan you can choose any room to see updates or even roll back to an earlier time within the same space.
• Remote Punchlist – Note issues for the field team to address within the 360 photos and notifications will be sent to the field crew.
• OAC Meeting Visuals – When owners, architects and contractors meet to review the status of the project and resolve issues, they can view a PDF with hyperlinks to the areas of concern, or filter the plan for images with a specific OAC tag.
• Facility Management – At the end of the project, clients can download a PDF of all captured 360 photos throughout the project hyperlinked to floorplans. They can click on any space on the PDF and roll back to any date to see the space without ceilings, drywall, insulation, or access flooring, and view all the as-built building’s components that are now covered up.
About C.D. Smith
C.D. Smith Construction is an industry leader in safely providing the highest quality commercial construction services. Utilizing an integrated approach and self-performing trade services combined with technical expertise, our team serves as a solutions provider throughout all phases of a project, from planning through construction. With veteran leadership and a dedication to our employees and clients, we proudly place our name on projects of all sizes across the United States.
Beneath the Hard Hat®, our company press and blog, offers an intimate look at the people and stories that make C.D. Smith Construction. With the latest industry news and project updates, we share insights on the superior spaces we are safely delivering year-round. Our team of technical experts provides useful tips and topics to help plan your next commercial project.
TRADE PARTNERS & BIDS |If you're interested in working with us or would like to request adding your company to our bidder’s database, please complete our Trade Partners & Bids Form: Click Here.
125 Camelot Drive
Fond du Lac, WI 54935
241 North Broadway
Milwaukee, WI 53202
316 West Washington Avenue
Madison, WI 53703
La Crosse Office
333 Front Street North
La Crosse, WI 54601
Ready to build community and get connected with commercial construction expertise? Use the below form to submit questions or request information. We look forward to learning more and discovering how we can make YOUR PROJECT. OUR PRIORITY.®.